Wednesday, March 3, 2010

That really Chaps my..


My lips are so chapped; I think it's the weather. Either way it's driving me insane! I buy chapstick and lipgloss in all different brands and arrangements and it just doesn't seem to help. Honestly I think that stuff is bad for your pretty little lips anyway.


We have been staying in Regensburg Germany the last month. I really like it here actually. There is quite a bit of culture and I love the fact that there are Aveeda salons and shisha lounges and beautiful churches only about 15 minutes from our doorstep. This area is so pretty. We live where two rivers meet..funny thing is, I don't know what they are named. The suburb we stay in is called Kallmunz, it's a cute little village and in the center of the city at the top of the hill is a Castle (Schloss)that overlooks the city. I can actually see this castle from my window. We are staying at a Pension, it's actually more like an apartment; a big apartment with a kitchen and two bedrooms and a flat screen..pretty much everything we need and more. It's tastefully decorated in art. I love that!

Besides that Mike and I are doing well..We have been snowboarding almost five times now; I am getting better, I'm able to control my board and transition between toes and heels, which means I can shred! Yeah! I still would like to get more practice.
I love being active, I feel like here, there are so many outdoor activities, and since walking is mandatory in many areas just to get around.. i feel like my daily routine of sitting on my butt reading and studying and working isn't so bad.

Austria has been our vacation spot this winter. Its such a beautiful country; people are friendly, it's artsy and contemporary and has beautiful mountains. Solden is are spot. Although we have been to Hintertux too; as well as Vent, Vienna, and Innsbruck and crossed through other areas..Solden has been our favorite "fun" spot. Vienna has a lot of culture, old buildings, horses with buggies, and is scowling with tourists. Vent is way up in the mountains; a quiet little party city. Innsbruck is where the Burton headquarters is located; it kinda reminds me of Portland in a way. There are tons of little bars, lounges, skateboarders, snowboarders and art with rivers that run through it... and mountains in the background. Solden has great restaurants, a poppin night life and has a young crowd of skiiers and snowboarders. There are always concerts and fun things to do. I mean you can't even walk into a shop without them asking if you want a shot of alcohol..it can get crazy I guess. We take it easy for the most part. On the mountain we like to get Glue Wine (warm wine) it's our thing.

Anyhow so much to say, I need to stop though and get some things done today. Mike isnt feeling well so I wanna make sure I get some things done before he comes home, so he can just relax and get better :)

A couple more weeks till Berlin with Ricky! So excited!

No comments: