Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Beige with a hint of Purple and Brown.


Bringing back some memories. This is Oktoberfest 2009 in Munich. One can only imagine the chaos. I'm glad Mike and I had a chance to go; it was a great experience I will never forget. People wait in line for hours to get into a tent. Lines form outside at around seven in the morning. We woke up early but not quite that early, I especially didn't wait in line. I don't have the patience.


Anyhow, outside the tents are rides and gingerbread cookie stands, and sausage stands. Lots of food, a handful of rides and too many drunk people. Honestly it's sick. You walk through the carnival, which becomes so packed full of people that eventually you can't step two feet in front of you without running into someone; and you see drunk people hurling over vomiting, other intoxicated ones passed out just laying on the ground and if you're really lucky you might not step in throw up. I'm not exaggerating, that's how it was. Besides all that, the tents were a blast; live Bavarian music, everyone dressed Lederhosen and Dirndls (the Bavarian attire), and the traditional Bavarian food Pretzels, Brats, Kase Brot etc. People chant to the songs, get up on tables and dance; it's really a fun thing to experience. I'm glad we went.

Okay enough of memory lane.


My stomach is growling, I think I need to eat something before I pass out. But before I do I have added something to my wish list.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hey hey! I didn't even know you had a blog, but have added it to my watch list now :) Looks like you guys are having fun out there! I love your nail polish! I was just trying to show Rob tonight a color I had wanted to paint my bedroom wall (before he came along and de-girlafied my room :). But it was purple with a touch of beige. I couldn't find the paint sample--but there it is on your blog! :)

Good times, thanks for the note! :)

Leslie, Lemon Sweet Life said...

I love this post and I love that nailpolish and the bubble pic!! Is that you?